Bookkeeper / Accounts Administrator
About the company
New Forest Classic Cars Ltd are the UK's leading Jaguar Series 1 E-type restoration specialists. We are situated in the picturesque village of Beaulieu where our shared classic car showroom showcases an array of 1950's to 1990's classic cars.
About the role
This role will suit a well organised individual with good administration skills. This role will require you to work with the workshop team at times and report to the General Manager.
The job role involves:
- Maintaining the accounting records for 3 related trading companies, using Sage 50 Accounts
- Prepare and submit information to payroll department, process payments & post monthly journals
- VAT return preparation and submission for all companies
- Maintaining the purchase ledgers, including matching purchase invoices to purchase orders, posting purchase invoices and setting up supplier payments
- Posting bank payments and debit card transactions
- Maintaining the sales ledgers including cash/card sales reconciliation
- Monitoring group cash flow
- Bank reconciliations
- Routine credit control and the identification of potentially problem debtors for referral to the managers
- Project cost analysis – profit/loss
- Intercompany debtor and creditor reconciliations
- Liaison with the General Managers and external accountants
- General reception and administrative duties
- Previous high-level hands-on experience of Sage 50
- Previous VAT return experience
- Previous experience using Microsoft Office, in particular Excel, Outlook & Word
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A willingness to be flexible
Advantage but not necessary:
- Formal bookkeeping and/or accountancy qualifications
- Experience of using the Second Hand Margin Scheme
Hours: 40 hours per week, 8:30am – 17:00pm Monday to Friday.
Location: Working at the group’s head office in Beaulieu. Travel to other local locations may be required.
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 (pro-rata) based on qualifications and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- English (Required)